Tuesday 16 July 2013

I Was Never Accepted As A Pakistani Because I Happen To Be A Muhajir - AQ Khan

Inter-ethnic tensions in Pakistan are not a secret though Pakistanis often try to brush it under carpet and try to build that ever-elusive Muslim identity. It looks like even the most celebrated nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan could not escape from Punjabi-NonPunjabi ethnic tensions. Watch this video where he bares his heart.


"If I talk openly it would seem harsh. I am a Muhajir. I was not an Athesian or Ravian or Jat or this one or that. People never accepted me as I am (Muhajir). The only reason they accepted me and loved me is because of what I did (in atomic tests). There is no one in Pakistan who doubts whether I did this (nuclear bomb) or not, whether foreigners or locals. Everybody knows that. Government knows that too. 

Had I not enriched (Uranium) and built the weapon no one would have been able to build this until Qayamat (End of the World). They would have been riding on bullock-carts. Kashmir would have gone. May be even Lahore. So, all these things (campaign) does not bother me. Only thing that bothers me is if I were a Son of the Soil, this would not have happened. I was not near to them. I am a straightforward man. I didn't reach this position through flattering. When I was in West, I was in good position and had a bright future. When the nation needed me I did this and I never displayed selfishness. I never thought that I would stay here (West) and do some help or send some (stolen) papers or if they could do it they will or else they will go to hell. No.

I was not related to them. I don't belong to the family. I don't speak the language (Punjabi). I speak the same Urdu since the times we migrated here. What else can be the reason? I gave my country what I could. Nobody else gave." - A Q Khan.


No comments:

Post a Comment